Loose-fill asbestos insulation was once popular in construction including providing insulation for ceiling areas and in properties. This insulation was put into space or it was bagged up and then put into these spaces. Over time the asbestos fill can enter the ventilation systems and it can make people sick. This fill was not only put into ceilings. It was put into sub-flooring and other areas of the home.
Loose fill asbestos is harmful to a person’s health. It can lead to breathing problems or even cancer. If a person thinks that their home or building may contain loose fill asbestos insulation they need to have a licensed asbestos testing and removal service come in and assess the situation. They will know what to look for and they will take a sample of the loose fill for testing. If asbestos is found in the sample they will then develop a plan for the removal of the loose fill asbestos.
There are some places where loose fill asbestos may be found in the home. The common places to look at in the walls, ceilings, flooring, and even older roofs. The material is grey and is often unprocessed. It is easy to crush. Crushing this material can be dangerous as it will release fibers into the air.
Asbestos is dangerous when it is in the home. If a person is questing the loose filled used in their home they should contact a professional team to come and test the material to make sure their family is safe.